- I am inherently suspicious of things that are too perfect. I like life slightly messy and more real.
- I am turning off the news and listening to music more.
- I have almost totally dropped out of social media except for looking at pretty pictures and tagging them on my Tumblr.
- I’ve had my first flu shot in four years without serious consequences thus far. This is a good thing.
- Allergy shots continue apace. It is still like willingly being bitten by a mosquito.
- The combination of the two above items means that both my arms are sore and I am okay with not getting any needles for a while.
- My root canal saga continues. All is done except two crowns. Then hubby had a toothache and had to upstage me with TWO root canals. I forgave him after I saw how loopy he was on pain killers- it was adorable.
- Lucas is getting tubby again. Poor him for having to cut back hie diet. Poor us for having to listen to him complain about cutting back on his diet.
- Spent Thanksgiving in Iowa with family. Turducken was had. Chocolate bourbon pecan pie was had. Many, many biscuits were had. Many hugs were also had. It was a great visit.
- Just before we flew out I stubbed my toe on a doorframe so hard I sprained my toes and fell on my left side. Not fun, but the wheelchair made security a cinch. I am afraid to tell my podiatrist. I think she will smack me.
- Oh, and I’ve been on antibiotics for over a week now. Never fun. I don’t really like yoghurt.
- Working on my handmade ornaments gifts this year- the first few were a rousing success.
- I will start putting up holiday decorations and working on cards this weekend. Yay!
- I have cut back on my card list somewhat, just for sanity’s sake. It is still about 60 cards. I might have a problem.
- I love the cool weather- excuses for sweaters and scarves.
- The winter birds are already arriving, including a pair of merganser ducks. ❤ The sunsets and full moon have been pretty amazing, too.
- I am very tired and looking forward to the winter break. Work has been very hard for a number of reasons.
What’s Going On With Me
November 28, 2012 by Elisabeth