Well, something happened (that didn’t take long, did it?). Starting tomorrow I go in for my weekly allergy shot for ant venom. These notes are a reminder to myself, but if you’re curious about how the whole allergy shot thing works or have some in your future- this might be useful (or scary).
I don’t need an appointment (yay!), I just show up during shot hours, which are early morning or late afternoon: I will most likely go Wednesdays since they are open until 6:30 and I can just stop by after work. Tuesdays at 4:30 is my second choice.
- T 8-11:30 or 1:30-4:30
- W 12-6:30
- F 8-10
- I need to hang out in the office for a half hour afterward, to make sure there isn’t any adverse reaction. Note to self: bring laptop, book, or both.
- If I get stung, I don’t need a shot that week. (heh)
- If my asthma is flaring up, call them before I come in.
- I’ve already met my deductible for the year. If I remind them around November, they’ll refill my order for the new year before it rolls over- very nice of them! I already put a note on my calendar.
- No exercise for one hour before or two hours after. The before isn’t much of a problem- after won’t be an issue until I get the okay from my podiatrist to swim and walk again. I’ll then try and exercise after dinner. Since I live in Florida, it’s cooler at that time, anyway.
I am in love with my prescription sunglasses. They’re my first pair ever and rocking my world. Pricey, but worth it. Less squinting! Yay! Now I just have to remember to put them on (and take them off when I come inside!).
I also found some notes. Back in March I was tracking my weight and managed to lose six pounds. Life happened and the weight came back with friends. (That’s my problem, my fat is too friendly!) Even with ups and down I gained 13 pounds since then. I’ve already managed to shed six of those pounds, so I hope to stay on track this time. I am almost back to where I started four months ago- I’ll call that a win.