From the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA):
Starting this year, the month of May is recognized as National Mobility Awareness Month. The purpose of this declaration is to bring attention to and show the world how people with disabilities can live an active, mobile lifestyle. Supported by national spokesperson, Mike Savicki, and utilizing the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association network of members, the goal of National Mobility Awareness Month is to educate the public that:
- People with disabilities constitute the 2nd largest minority in the United States.
- Over 18 million people in the U.S. and Canada have mobility issues.
- 6 million of those are veterans.
- There are mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers, driver rehabilitation specialists and other professionals in your community dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities.
- Automotive mobility solutions are available for people with disabilities enabling them to enjoy active, mobile lifestyles
Meet Mike Savicki
Naval Officer, Triathlete, Golfer, Skier, Entrepreneur, Writer, 69-Time Gold Medalist, C6, 7 Quadriplegic.
Click Here to See More.
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding mobility options for people with disabilities. The organization promotes and supports members engaged in the modification of quality transportation and wheelchair accessible vehicles. Over 600 international members work to provide safe and reliable adapted transportation solutions to help build the road to independence. Transportation is the key to freedom and NMEDA is the key to quality transportation.
Are You A Local Hero? Tell Us Your Story.
You could win a 2012 Custom Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle.