I am finally getting caught up on some projects that I’ve been wanting to do for a very long time. I bought these sodalite beads (the oval ones) over a year ago to make a gift for a friend. They languished in a drawer awaiting inspiration (and energy) and I finally got around to them (two months late for her birthday- d’oh). I was able to present the gift Sunday, so now I can show off pics! I’m not convinced that they’re sodalite- I had a tag but not attached. If I was identifying by eye I would have called it flourite. One way or the other, it came out great and the recipient liked it, which was the main concern. :}
I originally made the medallion larger, but it was disproportionate to the necklace. It looked terrific, and then I realised it was exactly “toddler hand-sized” so I changed it. If I can ever get these beads again then I will absolutely make another for myself because I really, really love the colours (they’re a little washed out in this pic, unfortunately, but they’re all lovely shades of purple).
This was also my first attempt working with wired jewellery. I have plans to try a few more which you will see here eventually.